North Hinksey Conduit House - Sunday 15 September - 10am to 2pm
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO A LACK OF VOLUNTEERS THE INTERIOR OF THE CONDUIT HOUSE WILL ONLY BE ACCESSIBLE ON SUNDAY 15 SEPTEMBER BETWEEN 10am and 2pm.
Built in 1617 to take clean water from the springs at North Hinksey to the Carfax Conduit, a fountain in the city centre. Located off track leading from Harcourt Hill.
Partial disabled access - level access along uneven grass surface. Pass through two narrow gates to reach the site with a step over the threshold to the Conduit House. The internal walkway around the well is quite narrow and unprotected.