Oxford Open Doors is organised by Oxford Preservation Trust in partnership with the University of Oxford. It is free with thanks to our partners, volunteers, supporters and the places and people who open their doors.
OPT receives no government funding and is supported by members subscriptions, sponsorship and donations.
We would like to thank the following organisations for their support of Oxford Open Doors 2020:
Our partner, the University of Oxford
The Gresswell Environment Trust
Louise Long photography
Oxford Bus Company
Oxford Castle Quarter (Landsec)
Heritage Open Days
A huge thank you to all those who open their doors and organise events across the weekend, and to our members and volunteers without whom this event would not be possible.
Whilst you are here?
We are asking those of you who are interested in Oxford Open Doors to help make sure that it can come back fully next year and for FREE.
Oxford Open Doors is your chance to get behind Oxford’s closed doors to celebrate our wonderful City as we invite you in to the colleges and university buildings together with a range of the City’s other varied and hidden heritage across gown and town.
The OPT team put together the programme and want to keep it free by raising the money needed to put it on with all the of work organising, health and safety, advertising, printed material, website etc.
Like many other charities Covid-19 has had a huge impact and we have seen our income fall, but we are determined to bring Oxford Open Doors back in 2021 and we are asking you to support so please JOIN now or DONATE.
‘Did you know OPT kept all our green spaces open for everyone to enjoy throughout the lockdown.’
Your support will mean that we can:
• Run Oxford Open Doors in 2021 and keep it free to everyone.
• Look after OPTs 1,000 acres of green space, making it publicly accessible, and all free of charge
• Help us to support local specialist heritage contractors working on heritage at risk.
• Help us to champion good design and planning at a time of pressure to change across Oxford/Oxfordshire.
• Support our education and outreach work for young people, including our award winning education scheme at Oxford Castle & Prison.
THANK YOU SO MUCH - knowing that we have your support means a great deal.