Feb 2018: Corporate Membership with a difference
Feb 2018: Corporate Membership with a difference
Our Annual Corporate Membership isn’t like any other. For a start, we are the charity who has Oxford at its heart, without us it would be a very different city.
Since 1927 we’ve restored and conserved when others may overlook. We take under our wing those quirky hidden gems which form the important layers of history which make up our great city. We’ve restored Oxford’s Edwardian and Victorian iron railings, and the beautiful Martyrs Memorial. We are now working to restore the Painted Room with its historic connection to Shakespeare and of course, its breathtaking wall paintings. We are also the people who are giving the last chance to the LMS Swingbridge with its important role not just in Oxford, but in Britain's industrial history. Add to this our success in redeveloping Oxford Castle, opening it to the public for the first time and making a commercial and heritage hub, and not forgetting the restoration of the charming Victoria Water Fountain near Magdalen Bridge. Our actions speak for themselves.
What also sets us apart is our passion for maintaining Oxford’s unique rural setting. Described as a ‘jewel in a sea of green’, we’ve made it our mission to keep it so. We own and look after 1,000 acres of land around the City so that we can protect the world famous view of the dreaming spires - a view which has inspired generations of academics, artists, visitors and Oxfordians.
But don’t be fooled into thinking we are stuck in the past… Everything we do is for the future. Our efforts are giving the next generations the best of Oxford by preserving the historic gems alongside the important role we play in shaping and regenerating our positive and forward thinking city.
We are a significant force in planning and major projects which affect Oxford. Currently, we are very involved with the proposed Flood Alleviation Scheme and in research into the Oxford Views as pressure increases to build tall buildings within the Oxford skyline.
We celebrate positive projects through our annual OPT Awards which are now over 40 years old. An invitation to the Annual Awards night is a hot ticket bringing together Oxford’s movers and shakers across town and gown, an important date in the diaries of Oxford’s best Architects, Surveyors, Engineers and Planners.
- The entries for the 2018 awards are now open! Click here: https://www.oxfordpreservation.org.uk/news/opt-awards-2018-now-open-entries
And not forgetting…
If this wasn’t enough, we organise the annual Oxford Open Doors weekend with our partner The University of Oxford. This cultural, artistic and heritage event celebrates Oxford across all walks of life, its places and its people - opening the doors to venues normally kept hidden from public view.
But, we couldn’t do any of this without our members. We are a charity and the generosity of our members through annual membership is our lifeblood.
Why become a Corporate member?
Our Corporate Members are given a range of VIP benefits including:
Connecting you with Oxford’s movers and shakers
- Invitations to the annual Oxford Open Doors launch, always held in a very special Oxford venue. Last year, this was the Radcliffe Observatory with its stunning views and fascinating history.
- Invitations to the prestigious annual OPT Awards Evening where you’ll have the opportunity to meet senior people from Oxford’s Universities, Colleges and Councils.
- Invitations to our exclusive regular events.
Help to preserve and shape our city
- The opportunity to contribute to our projects and to be seen to engage with positive developments in Oxford including opportunities to sponsor major annual events such as Oxford Open Doors and the prestigious OPT Awards.
Giving you the opportunity to place a finger on Oxford’s pulse
- Be part of membership which connects you to other like minded businesses click here for our current members http://bit.ly/2corporatemembers
Other benefits for you and your staff
- Volunteering opportunities for staff members – a chance to work and learn for a day with our Land Officer on some of OPT’s precious land. This experience gives you and your employees the opportunity to boost your team work, mental health and all the benefits that undertaking physical work in the fresh air brings.
- Free access to Oxford Castle Unlocked via our special corporate member passes. This also gives you a 10% discount on Corporate hire at the Castle and Key Learning Centre, the café and the gift shop.
- 15% off at the lovely Victoria Arms pub in Marston. Nestled on the banks of the Cherwell, you can arrive by bicycle or in true Oxford style, you can punt!
- We’ll feature you on our website and in our Annual Report.
- Regular updates, mailings, newsletters and our year round events programme.
The Annual cost?
What does your membership mean to us?
Everything. We are a charity and without our members, we couldn’t undertake this vital work to keep Oxford the mighty City that it is.
For more information, contact our Membership Officers Stephen Dawson and Louise Cooper at email@example.com
To see a list of our current corporate members, click below:
Click below to download our membership form