The Oxford Preservation Trust Awards 2017 are now open and celebrating their 40th Anniversary!
After beginning in 1977 to celebrate Oxford Preservation Trusts Golden Jubilee, the OPT Awards continue to grow from strength to strength which in 2016 saw 8 plaques and 14 certificates awarded.They celebrate and encourage good design whether it be the conservation of Trinity College Chapel, the construction of the Rose Hill Community Centre or something smaller such as the restoration of Victorian railings, all of which won awards in 2016 and contributed positively to Oxford and its surrounds.
We are on the lookout for projects large and small, in the City or the Green Belt, which contribute positively to Oxford and its green setting. All projects are visited by a panel of judges made up of local people and experts from across the City and our two Universities, culminating in a great evening celebrating all that makes Oxford special.
Have you been impressed by a new building, conservation work or general improvements in your area? Then encourage or enter the project into this year's OPT Awards 2017. Anyone can nominate a project across the four categories of Building Conservation, New Building, Small Projects and Landscape Enhancement. Projects are eligible if they:
- are located in Oxford and its green setting, which is defined as within the Green Belt, including Abingdon.
- contribute to the public domain and/or be a public building e.g. a public library, a hospital, a University or College building which have an element public visibility. (E.g. a porters lodge but not a senior common room)
- have been completed since 01.01.14
Please find the Entry Forms and Guidance Notes attached to this page or email Helen on email@example.com for any information or queries.
- For further details of the 2016 winners please click here
- For further details of the 2015 winners please click here
- For further details of the 2014 winners please click here
- For further details of the 2013 winners please click here
The OPT Awards 2017 are kindly sponsored by